The history of marketing starts much earlier than most people think. While there is some dispute around how marketing truly began, many historians believe the concept started as early as 1500 BCE (before common era) when Mesopotamian societies started mass production of goods that required quality control. Modern marketing began in the 1950s when people started to use more than just print media to endorse a product. The most obvious change is the space in which past and present agencies operate. With the rise of the Internet, we now have access to a wealth of information whenever we want and need it. The virtual sphere has turned into an ever-evolving landscape that has given modern-day marketers endless opportunities to reach an audience much wider than they’ve ever known. Despite all the history, the goal of all marketing agencies from any era is still the same: getting their client’s message across to the right audience. But how does an agency get their own message to the right clients?
Small and Medium Business: how to improve digital marketing of your activity with CX
Marketing your own business might seem simple enough. You are a marketing agency so you should know how to market yourself, right? It’s a simple and powerful strategy but it can backfire if not done well. Clients know that the best way to measure your expertise is by your results, and not your promises. When you become your own client, it means you’re decisive and are ready to get results for your own business. You’ll also be able to promote your business (just as you’d if another business hired you). For example, you can use the results you got (maybe a ranking boost in the organic search for your agency website) as a proof to win over new clients. There’s your proof that you are an effective marketing agency.
Here are means to do this, and they are consistent with one another:
- Omnichannel experience (speak to your customers “where they are”): if you are collecting leads from your agency's website it's critical that you get back to them as quickly as possible. It's too easy to let them just sit there for a day or two before getting back to them. These potential customers are shopping around and your agency won't be the only one they stumble on. Using a communication platform like ChayAll allows you to integrate multiple messaging channels like WhatsApp Business, Messenger, Telegram, etc. into your site through a widget that they can interact with anytime.
- Communication tools for any situation:
- Site widget (incoming leads): once all your communication channels are set up with ChayAll, you can then integrate a widget into your site. This widget will call the attention of your site visitors by showing a “call to action” message. Once they click on the widget, they can easily communicate to your business by choosing the messaging channel that they are most comfortable with.
- URL generation (both incoming and outgoing contacts): You can create a URL from the messaging channels that you integrated with platform. Once you have the URL, you can add it to your Instagram and Twitter bios, LinkedIn page, or any other channel where your brand has a presence. Another way to drive traffic to your business is to promote your link in social media posts across all active platforms. You can even embed your link into Facebook posts, Instagram Stories, YouTube CTAs, you name it.
- QR Code (both digital and brick-and-mortar): with the introduction of better and faster technology, people are now using their devices more than ever. It’s all about accessing everything in a snap and getting the information across from one person to another or from a business to a consumer. One of the trending channels in the marketing and communication industry is the QR code. Since most smartphones have built-in QR readers already, this technology is more accessible than ever. You can use the URL you generated from your messaging channels with ChayAll and convert them into a QR code. You can then post your QR code online or print it to be posted on a physical location.
- Automation (reduce your lead or client response time): Once you have an established communication tool like ChayAll on your website, the next step is to automate your communication process to funnel leads efficiently and provide useful information for existing clients. Chatbots can ask questions throughout the buyer's journey and provide information that may persuade the user and create a lead. Chatbots can then provide potential customer information to the sales team, who can engage with the leads. The bots can improve conversion rates and ensure the lead's journey flows in the right direction -- toward a purchase. For existing clients, Chatbots can solve customer concerns and queries in multiple languages. Their 24/7 access enables customers to use them regardless of the date or time.
- Take advantage of social media (boost your reputation): What’s great about ChayAll is that your marketing doesn’t need to be confined to your site. Sure, it’s amazing that your site traffic is being handled by ChayAll’s widget. Your existing customers are happy that they can easily find the support that they need while you are happy that it’s easier to manage leads through automation and funneling. ChayAll has other tools that can allow you to extend your reach further:
- Facebook/Meta ads: You can always use the URL you generated from your messaging channels for your Facebook ads but if you set up WhatsApp API with ChayAll, you will get Ads that click to WhatsApp on Facebook and Instagram. When a person clicks on the call-to-action button, a WhatsApp message thread with the business will open with a prepopulated, customizable message that invites them to initiate a conversation.
- Instagram: Facebook/Meta is not the only social media you can play around with. Professional accounts on Instagram can now create ads that allow potential customers to message your business directly on WhatsApp. When someone taps on this type of Instagram ad, it will open a thread with your business account on WhatsApp.
Digital Marketing Agencies: Marketing your Clients:
As a digital marketing agency that can effectively promote itself, you have the confidence and the evidence to prove that you can achieve the same success with your Clients. Combined with other digital marketing tools and strategies, you already have a process you can use. Go through every step of their particular process with your clients. Develop your brand guide, collect data, create a data-driven marketing plan, and follow through with each step.
Don’t forget to use the strategy advice you deliver to your Clients, too. Use storytelling practices to build a trusting bond with your audience. Above all, don’t sacrifice quality. If business owners see that your own marketing is done half-heartedly, they’ll assume that you would do the same for them.
If you have a big enough business, you can get a custom plan with ChayAll and utilize sub-accounts. These sub-accounts are fully functional accounts that are connected to your main account. This means they have the same features and integrations that are available with your main account, which you can manage under one login.
If you run an agency that builds landing pages for clients, sub-accounts can make managing landing pages more manageable. This is an especially useful feature as your list of clients grows. Setting up sub-accounts makes it possible to keep all your clients’ accounts in one place that’s easily accessible. No mess, no headache, and no more delays in your everyday operations from fumbling through lists of login names. Most importantly, sub-accounts can ease the client-agency relationship. If your client wants to dig into their landing pages, you can provide them with their own login information so they can easily get into their account (and only their account).